Examples of CDP’s Work with Community Groups
How we often partner with community groups to strengthen their organizing work includes:
- Filing suit against a negligent landlord in housing court to obtain apartment repairs for a group of tenants organized by a community group
- Suing a restaurant owner who hasn’t been paying his employees minimum wage or overtime, to strengthen a group’s worker-organizing efforts
- Producing a “people’s plan” for the redevelopment of a waterfront neighborhood by surveying and interviewing local residents
- Negotiating a community benefits agreement between local community groups and the developer of a large city-owned property, to ensure that the development has community space, living wage jobs and services needed by community members
- Conducting financial justice legal clinics to help community groups combat fraud targeting immigrant communities
Visit our CDP in Action page to read detailed accounts of our successful projects with community groups.